MISSION: Building a resilient Harnett County community through awareness, education, action, community connections, and relationships.
THREE MAIN FOCUS AREAS:
Awareness – Viewing our community through a different lens.
Collaboration – We are better and stronger together.
Education – ACE’s (adverse childhood experiences), brain science, resilience, prevention, and trauma focused.
-Lynda Turlington & Melanie Jacobson
This training can be done in small or large groups.
The Brain Architecture Game is a tabletop game experience that builds understanding of the powerful role of experiences on early brain development– what promotes it, what derails it, with what consequences for society.
-Lynda Turlington & Carmen Martell
Half day of training. In person or virtual platform.
- Interactive, discussion-based curriculum
- Better understanding of trauma, brain development, resilience, and health – and how these topics relate to one another
- Concrete knowledge about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Action planning and next steps for how you can make a difference
- Resources on trauma-informed care and implementation
- Strategies for increasing and improving your own connections
- Meeting other community members and building your network
- Tools for strengthening both personal and community resilience
The differences in stress and its effect on the developing brain
What role does connections and positive relationships have on helping people with stress
-Carmen Martell and Lynda Turlington
This training can be all day or broken down into smaller sessions. In person or virtual platform.
The Five Protective Factors are the foundation of the Strengthening Families approach. Extensive evidence supports the commonsense notion that when these Protective Factors are present and robust in a family, the likelihood of abuse and neglect diminish. Research also shows that these are the factors that create healthy environments for the optimal development of all children.
- Parent Resilience
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development
- Social and Emotional Competence of Children
- Social Connections
- Concrete Support in Times of Need
This is a 3 part training that can be completed together in 3 hours or each part can be presented separately for 1 hours each. The platform is virtual or can be done in- person
Simple strategies for a Resilient you.
- Part 1 – “What is Resilience?”
- Part 2 – “Understanding Risk and Protective Factors”
- Part 3 – “Introduction to the Devereux Adult Resilience Survey”
The purpose of the Leadership Collaborative is to hear voices from our community. Voices that will help develop our Resilience Initiative in Harnett County. Come be part of the movement!
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.